The Healing Power of Plants
30 May 2024 - 02 June 2024
Cost Information: Cost: £198 for a single room and full board.
Course fee £375, payable direct to the Scottish School of Herbal Medicine, details below
A unique opportunity to stay on the Holy Isle and explore the flora through an experiential, hands-on practical approach to gathering and making your own herbal medicines under the tutelage of leading UK herbal educators, Keith Robertson MSc FNIMH and Nicola Dee Kelly BSc MNIMH.
Nature based help is all around if you know what to look for. We shall get to know medicinal plants first hand by easy to use botanical identification techniques based on family characteristics, touch, feel and taste qualities using all our senses.
• The foundations of Herbal Medicine – art and science in conversation with Nature.
• Gathering leaves, flowers, roots and barks as appropriate.
• Making teas, decoctions, flower essences, infused oils, ointments, poultices, tinctures
• The language of plants ~ Intro to botany and Plant ID
• Treating family & friends ~energetics and constitutional types for self help.
For more info and to book: The cost of the retreat is £375, including your return ferry to the Holy Isle from Arran, payable to the Scottish School of Herbal Medicine.
Payment for accommodation in a single room and full veggie/vegan board is separate, payable to the Centre upon arrival on Holy Isle.