The Healing Power of Plants
12 May 2023 - 15 May 2023
Leader: Keith Robertson and Nicola Dee Kelly
Cost Information: Cost: £180 single room, £240 for two people sharing a twin, £102 dorm. Full board and lodging costs.
Course fee £300, payable direct to the Scottish School of Herbal Medicine, details below
A unique opportunity to stay on the Holy Isle and explore the flora through hands-on gathering and making your own herbal medicines under the tutorage of leading UK herbal educators, Keith Robertson MSc FNIMH and Nicola Dee Kelly BSc MNIMH.
Nature based help is all around if you know what to look for. We will be meeting medicinal plants first hand in Holy Isle's amazing herb and vegetable gardens and hedgerows and will learn how to harvest and make preparations for self help for family and friends.
• The foundations of Herbal Medicine – art and science in conversation with Nature.
• Gathering leaves, flowers, roots and barks as appropriate.
• Making teas, decoctions, flower essences, infused oils, ointments, poultices, tinctures
• The language of plants ~ Intro to botany and Plant ID
• Treating family & friends ~energetics and constitutional types for self help.
For more info and to book: The cost of the retreat is £300, including your return ferry to the Holy Isle from Arran, payable to the Scottish School of Herbal Medicine. For further info including application form with the Scottish School of Herbal Medicine please go to www.veganherbal.com and go to courses.
Payment for board and lodging is separate, payable to the Centre upon arrival on Holy Isle.
There is single, twin room and dormitory accommodation available. Once you have reserved your accommodation through the Scottish School of Herbal Medicine, Keith will then contact Holy Isle to book your room.