Xmas & New Year Retreat FULLY BOOKED
21 December 2017 - 04 January 2018
Leader: Edie Irwin
Cost Information: See below
Since 2005 Ven Akong Tulku Rinpoché has been guiding the Tara Rokpa senior therapists in the development and presentation of Shiné retreats in UK and Germany and Southern Africa. These occur annually in Scotland and have proven to be very popular. These retreats are geared to helping people learn to be more aware of their ordinary thoughts, speech and actions, moment by moment, in their daily lives.
For this retreat there are 3 options:
- To stay for the entire period, or
- To arrive on Thursday, 21 December and stay for the first period (over Xmas), and then depart on Thursday, 28 December; or
- To arrive on Thursday 28 December and stay for the second period (over New Year), and then depart on Thursday, 4 January
Tara Rokpa Therapy is an approach to working with the mind which was first introduced by Akong Tulku Rinpoche, Tibetan lama and physician, over 30 years ago.
This approach is for people who do not necessarily have a feeling for religion, but who wish to develop their human potential in a way which includes a 'spiritual' aspect of their existence and which, for many, unlocks a greater capacity to live happy and useful lives. Many of those who have undertaken the work of Tara Rokpa Therapy have done so for its unique combination of Buddhist-based philosophical understandings of the mind, as well as understandings drawn from western psychotherapy.
The methods of Tara Rokpa Therapy include relaxation, awareness and compassion based meditation exercises which help to develop the ability to face all that falls within the range of human experience.
- Entire period: 21 Dec - 4 Jan: £770 single room, £560 twins each, £448 dorms. Course fee £250
- First period over Xmas: 21 Dec - 28 Dec: £385 single room, £280 twins each, £224 dorms. Course fee £150
- Second period over New Year: 28 Dec - 4 Jan: £385 single room, £280 twins each, £224 dorms. Course fee £150
Use the Book Now button - 7 or 14 nights.