New Year Retreat
Awakening an Attitude of Gratitude
27 December 2018 - 03 January 2019
Leader: Clive Holmes
Cost Information: See below
One of the most simple and effective ways of changing our lives for the better is to develop an attitude of gratitude. Attitude is more important than events, than circumstances, than what other people think or say or do. There are numerous health benefits to having a grateful attitude. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. But few of us exercise the muscle of this choice and consequently are blown about like feathers in the wind. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is take charge of our Attitudes. Every moment is an opportunity to wake up from our negativities, assumptions, prejudices and habits.
Gratitude can be fun too. Not some “heavy duty” thing to add to our to-do list. The heart of the course will consist of practical and simple exercises we can do to develop gratitude in daily life. Extraordinary awareness can illuminate the things in our lives we often take for granted. There will also be instructions in meditations on awakening joy and inner peace of mind.
Please note, the focus of both the Christmas and New Year retreats will be meditating on joy and self compassion - this will be their underlying theme.
You are welcome to stay through both Christmas and New Year or to come for one or other of the retreats, which are stand-alone courses. We offer a reduced course fee for those coming for the entire period.
Here are the 3 retreat options, along with costs:
- To stay for the entire period 20 December to 3 January; or
- To arrive on Thursday, 20 December and stay for the first period (over Christmas), and then depart on Thursday, 27 December; or
- To arrive on Thursday 27 December and stay for the second period (over New Year), and then depart on Thursday, 3 January
- Entire period: 20 Dec - 3 Jan: £770 single room, £560 twins each, £448 dorms. Course fee £325
- First period over Christmas: 20 Dec - 27 Dec: £385 single room, £280 twins each, £224 dorms. Course fee £200
- Second period over New Year: 27 Dec - 3 Jan: £385 single room, £280 twins each, £224 dorms. Course fee £200
Use the Book Now button - 7 or 14 nights from 20 December or 7 nights from 27 December. A screen will come up with the available accommodation, please select. You will then see a page called Retreat Description Additional Extras. Please select either Christmas and New Year Retreat, Christmas Retreat or New Year Retreat